9/27/2009

Day 2.5... ok, I'm rounding up to 3.

Posted by Sonja |

Sept. 26


Things I have done in the past 48 hours to occupy myself since shutting off the TV:

(And yes... the television set in my house has not been turned on once since I took on this challenge! It feels as cold to the touch as the sudden chilly fall weather outside.)


Went to sleep.

Woke up.

Went to turn on TV so I could hear familiar voices while I brushed my teeth.

Slapped my hand. Put down the remote.

Brushed teeth in silence. Ok... maybe I hummed a little.

Went for a run.

Went to Zumba class.

Considered going to the gym. Booked an appointment with a professional counsellor instead. All this exercise just to avoid the TV? I must be mad.


Somebody help!


Dropped my razor in the shower.

Dropped it again.

Dropped my shampoo.

Dropped a clothes hanger.

Ok... I dropped about 25. Well, maybe just 7. But NOT all at one time! It just kept happening! Catherine... my dear friend... I have decided to blame you. Your recent bout of klutziness has set off an epidemic around the world. Or at least in MY world. Get help. Soon. So I can stop dropping things.

Dropped a brand new container of lemon hummus on my kitchen floor. The lid was on my kitchen counter. The hummus sat -- sadly and ashamedly, I must say -- for hours as a pale alien blob on my grey vinyl tiles. With little driblets scattered here and there around the mother blob.

I was too distracted to clean it up. I was too busy ignoring the TV. I was busy doing this:

Organizing my iTunes songs and ripping them from my iPod. It took hours.

As a result of so much time spent in front of my computer screen and Google, I now have an old iPod classic, a brand new video iPod nano (did a little researching online and yes, as it turns out, wouldn't you know it just so happens I DID need one!), a decision on what cell phone plan and phone I should change to, and... severely buggy dry eyes.

Oh yes -- and I went on a mad shopping spree with my friend to help her spend money and assuage my guilt over my purchase.

TV be damned. When I've got iTunes and Google and a friend to go shopping with, who needs you indeed?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe