Sept 30
It's been a week! One whole week since my TV was last turned on! One whole week since I've watched anything on the tube... anywhere... except, well, for the Saturday night dilemma.
Maybe that explains why today I've been so bitchy.
I think I need a bit of therapy. Don't mind me... this will only take a sec and then we'll return you to your regularly-scheduled programming. Er, blogging. Um, whatever it is that you were doing (or would rather be doing. Lint picking. Rear-end scratching. I'm not one to judge.)
THINGS I HATE:
(well, some things that I hate, some that I dislike, and some that merely get on my nerves from time to time but that I wouldn't really wish any ill-will towards... i.e. people/types of people I will mention, as opposed to things like spiders, insects that sting, and soft-rock radio stations that try to appeal to everybody and and really appeal to nobody, but that professional offices for some reason insist on streaming through their ceiling-mounted speakers or telephone hold systems -- are they trying to make the typical blah work environment even less appealing and more mind-numbing than it already is? These latter things on my list (the spiders, stinging insects and grey, dish-soap water-like radio stations) I do, however, in fact, hate. Who's with me? I know I can't be alone in this.)
Getting back to it... things I hate:
* Wet plastic grocery bags.
* Styrofoam Thai food take-out containers that have bigs holes for the tabs in the "sealy flap thingy" (yes, that is the technical scientific name for it. I looked it up.) and that, in fact, do the exact opposite of seal, instead dribbling juicy vinegar water from mango salads and red oily liquid from their soups all over the take-out bag and then, finally, all over the seat of my car, my floor, and/or my hands. Or my pants.
* Mothers who cannot make up their minds.
* Mothers who cannot remember to turn their cell phone on.
* Mothers who cannot make up their minds. (Yes, this one is really bugging me today. I just had to say it twice. Ok, whew. That helped. I think I'm getting it out of my system now. ... Keep in mind, I really do love my mother. She's pretty much the greatest thing since the time that grandma invented those chocolate-centered hard mint candies that nanas all over the world now carry and love to dig out for their grandkids from the bottoms of their purses. Memories of Sunday-night church service anyone?)
* People who complain/hurl an insult, only to instantly try to make up for it by saying something nice (see above). Would it kill ya to sound mean once in a while? Just once?
***
Sorry... what was that? I wasn't listening. Too busy concentrating on being nice and washing my sparkling white robe. See... it's glowing!
***
* Having to get the family opinion before doing something.
* Feeling like my viewpoint doesn't really count... or wouldn't really be heard.
* Pimples that stay under the skin and just hang around in little clusters of flesh-coloured bumps for, like, ever! The unwelcome house guests that just won't ever leave! (Seriously, where did these things come from and why won't they go away?)
* Those Robaxacet commercials with the needles and the puppets. Right... 'nough said.
* Feeling tired during the day.
* Televisions blasting loudly in another room when no one is even there watching it! (ahhhhhhhh, something I'm maybe more sensitive to this week than normal?)
* Missing socks.
* Clutter.
Ok..... thank you for my moment to rant. Since I quit my job I don't have the money to pay for a therapist. You, I'm sorry to say, will have to fill in. I can't pay ya in dough, but I can pay ya in love ;o)

0 comments:
Post a Comment